“They saw their injured country's woe;
The flaming town, the wasted field;
Then rushed to meet the insulting foe;
They took the spear, - but left the shield.”
―Philip Freneau
.
And by a prudent flight and cunning save A life which valour could not, from the grave. A better buckler I can soon regain, But who can get another life again?
Archilochus
Thursday, July 2, 2026
Hans Georg Moeller, "How to Think Like a German" (or a Woke American Progressive)
I'm not having any problem in that area.... yet. Although I do frequently gat a "problem publishing that comment" message in which I have to copy the unpublished message, exit the comment section, re-enter the comment section and post it again. It usually publishes then.
I don't attribute to malice things one can explain by stupidity (especially ones own about how the hardware works). But that doesn't mean I exclude the possibility...
...it's knowing how it works. I have a very general knowledge, not a "specific" one. As an example, my laptop computer no longer operates on battery power. I've replaced the battery and the charger, yet it must remain plugged in at all times. This limits the operation speed and slows it down.
Yes, I replaced the battery... which was dead within a week. Yes there are shops, but it's easier just to buy a new one. My current laptop OS is no longer supported by Microsoft. Planned obsolecence. @@
Technical debt is the implied cost of future rework caused by choosing a quick, easy, or suboptimal solution today instead of a better, longer-term approach. Just like financial debt, it accumulates "interest," meaning the longer the shortcut remains in the system, the harder and more expensive it is to fix.The Mechanics of Tech DebtThe "Loan": Developers intentionally or unintentionally take a shortcut to meet tight deadlines or get a feature to market faster.The "Interest": The extra time, energy, and maintenance spent working around the suboptimal code or dealing with system slowdowns.The "Repayment": The eventual process of refactoring the code, upgrading systems, or paying off the underlying design flaws.
I remember when MS Project's calendar broke AGAIN a decade after the Y2k bug had been "solved", and the dates calculated after 2030? reverted to 19xx...
25 comments:
cent sure pre bullokking too
soon I'll be unable to post at all
:-/
this one was after dozens of tryes
yawn
I'm not having any problem in that area.... yet. Although I do frequently gat a "problem publishing that comment" message in which I have to copy the unpublished message, exit the comment section, re-enter the comment section and post it again. It usually publishes then.
Did you leave the comment page and come back?
It did it to me in the comment above... but my work around works.
Blogger is an old and sh*ttily written App...
naaah
there's invisible war going
but you oblivious about it
I don't attribute to malice things one can explain by stupidity (especially ones own about how the hardware works). But that doesn't mean I exclude the possibility...
not hardware…
...it's knowing how it works. I have a very general knowledge, not a "specific" one. As an example, my laptop computer no longer operates on battery power. I've replaced the battery and the charger, yet it must remain plugged in at all times. This limits the operation speed and slows it down.
too small details
you just buoght spare battery?
then it should work on it too(if that not chinese fake ;-p)
charger? it stopped working on it alone? with battery removed.
and.... basic problem with laptops -- they slowing down and stop working... because of mere dust and dirt stuck in its ventilation ducts
do you have no more (small business) repair shops around?
Yes, I replaced the battery... which was dead within a week. Yes there are shops, but it's easier just to buy a new one. My current laptop OS is no longer supported by Microsoft. Planned obsolecence. @@
it had "made in china" on it?
or no any label at all?
well, even if it was brand one, after lingering in a wirehouse, it could feather out
yawn
well, it need to be rewritten
that is called "technical debt"
and West, especially USA drowning in it
That's capitalism for you. Accounting for SW Programmers...
"What's work's on YOUR Balance Sheet"? @@
Engineer's Creed, "Better is the Enemy of Good Enough".
Evolution's Creed... "Don't forget to put duct tape in the tool kit!"
dunno whatta ya tking bout here...
"technical debt"
Technical debt is the implied cost of future rework caused by choosing a quick, easy, or suboptimal solution today instead of a better, longer-term approach. Just like financial debt, it accumulates "interest," meaning the longer the shortcut remains in the system, the harder and more expensive it is to fix.The Mechanics of Tech DebtThe "Loan": Developers intentionally or unintentionally take a shortcut to meet tight deadlines or get a feature to market faster.The "Interest": The extra time, energy, and maintenance spent working around the suboptimal code or dealing with system slowdowns.The "Repayment": The eventual process of refactoring the code, upgrading systems, or paying off the underlying design flaws.
do you know that engineers joke
about Apollo Project and horses ass? ;-p
Is that why Elon builds his Starships on site?
:P
I remember when MS Project's calendar broke AGAIN a decade after the Y2k bug had been "solved", and the dates calculated after 2030? reverted to 19xx...
In government, it's typically a kicking of the national debt can down the road...
It, like us, always operates in the "lowest energy state". Call it the "energy debt"... like why we never made it to "green" energy.
Post a Comment