.

And by a prudent flight and cunning save A life which valour could not, from the grave. A better buckler I can soon regain, But who can get another life again? Archilochus

Friday, July 28, 2017

Lila's Sketchbook

My sketchbook is worn.

All of its pages are torn.

It is so tired
From being rubbed the wrong way
In between the heavy load
Of all of my other books.

You make me sit in a chair and tell me
how things are
how things were
how things will be.

Maybe I don’t like the world I live in.

Instead
I am making world’s that defy these
Restrictive laws
Of science
Of society.

I make things that could happen
If man could only be
Open to the possibilities
That lay on this page.

So, if you would be so kind
As to let me be.

I am trying to make a better world for me.
-NerdyKid118

6 comments:

FreeThinke said...

Have not yet looked at the video, but the verse by "NerdyKid" strikes me as so jejune as to be pathetic –– a mentality typical of lazy-minded children whose capacity to develop curiosity has never been stimulated by resourceful. caring parents and gifted teachers committed to instilling discipline, and thus potential to achieve wisdom and genuine appreciation of the great wonders which aways have and always will surround us.

Whenever I see excessive use of I I I I I I I I I and ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME, I see the kind of infantile egocentrism that refuses the world's invitation to rise from the crib, step out of the cradle and develop whatever potential may lie within.

"Leave me alone" to do what? DIE aborning? ROT before ripening? Remain a useless, worthless PARASITE from womb to tomb? To live the life of a spoiled PET?

Perhaps the video will prove more encouraging?

Hope, as they say, springs eternal.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

The works stand on their own.

Jen said...

I love everything about it. The video made me cry.

Beantown AntiFacist said...

Glad you enjoyed it, Jen. I liked it, too!

FreeThinke said...

I enjoyed the video very much after finally getting around to seeing it. Pleasant background music (for a change!) a pretty, charming-if-coy little girl, who looks to be no more than thirteen or fourteen.

Lots of imagination, some whimsical, some heartfelt, some fairly mischievous, some a little too frankly reminscent of the delightful-but-decidedly-commercial pleasantries dreamt up by Jacquie Lawson and Thomas Kincaid.

I have no problem with looking at the world through rose-colored glasses. Unvarnished Reality is too ugly and too grim to be taken straight anyway.

Where would we be without our dreams and illusions?

Paralyzed with depression and anxiety most likely. };^)>

If ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.

~ Thomas Gray - excerpt from Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (1750)

Good for "Lila!"

Beantown AntiFacist said...

Glad you gave it a shot, FT! We need a bit of bliss every now and again.