.

And by a prudent flight and cunning save A life which valour could not, from the grave. A better buckler I can soon regain, But who can get another life again? Archilochus

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Hiding Behind the Walls of Cultural Identity?

Identity is not what I promise others
Identity is what I do when I am alone
Identity is what I think of others
Knowing all the hatred they've shown

Identity is what every wound reminds me
Identity is what I learn and what I pass by
Identity is what I see in the mirror
After giving my best try

Identity is what I make out of my given chance
Identity is what I accept and what I deny
No one else has control over me
Life is about me, and what I identify
- Abhiraj Rajadhyaksha, "Identity of I"

2 comments:

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Cultural identity? That left-wing bitch Hillary Clinton outsourced national security to a small business! ;)

Thersites said...

Clinton, Inc.?