.

And by a prudent flight and cunning save A life which valour could not, from the grave. A better buckler I can soon regain, But who can get another life again? Archilochus

Friday, June 14, 2013

Limits of Desire

I wanted relief
From wanting
A moment beneath
Nothing at all

Just a cold wind
Gingham flap
The streak of the shore

Yes I fled him,
He who I had loved
Too much

Limits
Limits of desire

I listened for news
Of the road
I tried to love
But it keeps me home

Other lives droned
Far from the grass where I lay
Each eye stared out
The opposite way

Limits
Limits of desire
Limits
Limits of desire

Desire...

Is there no
Is there no
Limit?
Is there no
Is there no
Limit?
Is there no
Is there no
Limit?
Is there no
Is there no
Limit?
The final twist in this initial relation between law and superego is that the external law liberates the subject from the pressure of that very superego demand always part of law. Superego is totally unrelenting, placing all sorts of contradictory, impossible demands on us. Law enables the subject to escape from its self-torture, from the plague of conscience, by providing regulations and guidelines. “The external law regulates pleasures in order to deliver us from the superegotistical imposition of enjoyment which threatens to overflow our daily life.”
- Jodi Dean, "Zizek on Law"

4 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

thanks for sharing FJ! HAPPY DADS DAY TO ALL THE AMAZING FATHERS OUT THERE!! XOXOX

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Thanks Angel!

FreeThinke said...

Thanks, FJ & CO for your participation at my place (may it rest in peace) and for doing much to prompt greater curiosity in me and I;m sure many more than you or I may realize.

I never saw a Moor
I never saw the sea
Yet know I how the heather looks
And what a wave must be.

I never spoke with God
Nor visited His Heaven
Yet certain am I of the spot
As if the chart were given.


~ ED (1830-86)

Curiosity was branded as the root of our downfall in that foolish, agenda-driven document known as the Old Testament written, I'm sure, to secure control of the unruly mob through suppression of the natural instinct to explore, expand and develop one's prospects. The God know is the Great Instigator -- the driving force impelling us toward relentless creativity.

In what may have seemed a meek and modest fashion this poet, who lived so quietly as to remain all-but-invisible during her lifetime, was more in touch with that Power than any of the blethering. blustering congressmen, the tyrannical president under whom she lived in mid life, and even the bravest of the generals under his command.

Our favorite chronic irritant spurns this woman -- as, indeed, he scorns and dismisses every positive force for good -- for taking no notice of the Civil War.

Poor man! He has never realized that Olympians of such rare quality live their true lives high above the fray.

Chronic irritants spend their entire lives in the mud cursing the existence of the surrounding filth in which they live by their own choosing.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

It has, and always will be, my pleasure.

You WILL be missed!