.

And by a prudent flight and cunning save A life which valour could not, from the grave. A better buckler I can soon regain, But who can get another life again? Archilochus

Friday, May 19, 2017

America's Political System...

Maybe I listen more than you think
I can tell that somebody sold you
We said we've never let anyone in
We said we'd only die of lonely secrets

The system only dreams in total darkness
Why are you hiding from me?
We're in a different kind of thing now
All night you're talking to God

I thought that this would all work out after a while
Now you're saying that I'm asking for too much attention
Loss of no other faith is light enough for this place
We said we'd only die of lonely secrets

The system only dreams in total darkness
Why are you hiding from me?
We're in a different kind of thing now
All night you're talking to God

I cannot explain it
Any other, any other way
I cannot explain it
Any other, any other way

The system only dreams in total darkness
Why are you hiding from me?
We're in a different kind of thing now
All night you're talking to God

I cannot explain it
Any other, any other way
I cannot explain it
Any other, any other way

I cannot explain it
Any other, any other way
I cannot explain it
Any other, any other way

12 comments:

Jersey McJones said...

America's political system? I've got a finished poem, a complete lyric, and volume in one word for it...

Bribery.

JMJ

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

...hence the darkness before the dream. ;)

Jersey McJones said...

I don't follow all these kooky "memes" out there in Internet Land, Pepe and KEK, and such. I think it's just people looking to fit into something different. They don't seem to have any point. Bored kids for most part, I would imagine.

JMJ

Thersites said...

Are you familiar with the anti-SJW movement? Are you familiar with the "sick of being lectured at by liberals" movement? They're coming together in "meme" land.

Thersites said...

...and when "cool" becomes defined by the "right"... you'll have lost the culture war.

Jersey McJones said...

The Right never comes off well with this sort of stuff. "Creepy" would be the word for it these days. It's like comedy. Conservative comedy is an oxymoron. It's not funny. The "SJW" movement is just some college kids and professors and op-ed writers and such. Most people are not even aware of them. And to be "anti-SJW" strikes me as just silly and pointless at best, creepy and obsessive at worst. This is "the fat guy in his underwear one the couch" trolling stuff.

JMJ

Thersites said...

You think that Colbert is funny? lol!

Jersey McJones said...

Yes. It's called "having a sense of humor." Especially when you look back at the entire body of his work over the years - the guy is a phenomenal comic performer, great voice, timing, he's extemporaneously funny, etc. Stephen Colbert is a great comic writer and performer and that's how history will remember him. Dennis Miller is not funny. That's how history will remember him.

JMJ

Thersites said...

Wow! I find him cringe-worthy and completely un-funny. You're going to hate the Trump/post-Trump era.

Jersey McJones said...

I've watched Jerry Springer. We've been in the Trump Era for a while now, Thersites.

JMJ

Joe Conservative said...

Ah, you Democrats are sooo high class. You deserve to be smug.

Joe Conservative said...

The "purity" of you humanity places you ALL "above reproach". Us peons only need to observe and "marvel" at it!