.

And by a prudent flight and cunning save A life which valour could not, from the grave. A better buckler I can soon regain, But who can get another life again? Archilochus

Saturday, October 10, 2020

Goodbye, Dear Friend...


 FreeThinke/ Franco Aragosta... you leave the world a less civilized place.  I'll sincerely miss your sharp wit and keen intellect.  I hope that you're with your family and loved ones now, wrapped in their eternal embrace of love and devotion to one another.  Perhaps now, inside the whale, you can finally find the peace best suited to people with your unique talents.


http://freethinkesblog.blogspot.com/


https://francoaragosta.blogspot.com/



10 comments:

The Prophet Dervish Z Sanders said...

His absence will ensure the world is more civilized. Apparently, to you wishing death upon those who disagree with you politically is "civilized".

The Prophet Dervish Z Sanders said...

Censorship!

Thersites said...

Sorry, did one of your comments get classified as SPAM? lol!

Thersites said...

I would simply have you note, that although I aspire to Kantian Categorical Imperatives, in my book Context is still King as I have another Imperative to follow. Never mix the sacred with the profane. And as Isaiah Berlin noted, the "tragedy of choice" is likely to result in any battle of incommensurable values.

Thersites said...

Ecclesiastes 3 - To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven

Thersites said...

;p

Always On Watch said...

He will always live in my heart, but there will be another terrible gap in my life. We spent so many hours chatting on the phone -- almost daily.

The Absolute Marxist said...

I never realized that you two were that close.... but then I suppose I live a much more private and secluded life. I'm not what anyone would ever call a "people person". Our relationship outside of the blogosphere was perhaps a few dozen e-mails. But I did feel closer to him than anyone else in our circle. We saw eye to eye on many diverse topics, and supported each other in arguments and blog battles. He was one of but a few commenters I maintained frequent blog contact with. I will miss his reassuring presence.

Always On Watch said...

TAM,
I helped him with advice for his kitties and "held his hand" over the phone when he had to euthanize his beloved kitty Priscilla. We talked a lot about kitties, music, and poetry -- and politics, too, of course.

He was a man out of time. He'd have been happier in Victorian England. How he loved Dickens's writing!

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Didn't realize the guy passed. Just as well he didn't live long enough to see Trump lose re-election. 😉