.

And by a prudent flight and cunning save A life which valour could not, from the grave. A better buckler I can soon regain, But who can get another life again? Archilochus

Sunday, July 2, 2023

Beamish, we barely knew ye!

In Memorium
Beamish aka (((TC))) aka Thought Criminal
(August 21, 1970 - January 7, 2023)

Lewis Carroll, "Jabberwocky"

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!”

He took his vorpal sword in hand;
Long time the manxome foe he sought—
So rested he by the Tumtum tree
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

“And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!”
He chortled in his joy.

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
----
Once more into the breach, my friend!
"A Dirty Job. You did it well!  We'll miss you!" -FJ

4 comments:

Silverfiddle said...

A formidable and worthy opponent. One of the few I had a hard time getting the best of. Luckily, you and I rarely butt heads, or you would be one more in that group.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Beamish and I did not agree upon which wing of the Republican Party was best for the nation, NeoCon or PaleoCon, but we both agreed that the Democrats HAD gone too far and had to be stopped. His assistance in THAT endeavor was always invaluable, as is yours. Medan agan!

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

ps - I'll always respect your judgement sf. I know that I can be a pain-in-the-ass handful. When beamish and I had a falling out a few years ago, you really helped in the mediation of our dispute by allowing me to voice my grievances with him on your blog. And I'm forever thankful for that. You're a good egg, and I owe you. ;)

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

pps - You still seem to be putting up with me, and for that, thanks. The hardest part of hosting a blog is often keeping your friends in check.