.

And by a prudent flight and cunning save A life which valour could not, from the grave. A better buckler I can soon regain, But who can get another life again? Archilochus

Sunday, May 1, 2022

Gradiva - Chasing the Objet Petit 'a beneath the waterline of liquid desire

Marcel Duchamp, "Nude Descending a Staircase No. 2
Salvador Dali, "The Eye" (1945)
Salvador Dali, "The Eye of the Surrealist"
Salvador Dali, "Scissors"
Dali's "Gradiva" Below the "Waterline"

This is an homage to when critical theorist Slavoj Zizek wrote for Abercrombie & Fitch’s Back to School catalogue from 2003, dotting the hypersexualized images with quotes like “The only successful sexual relationship occurs when fantasies of two partners overlap.”

2 comments:

L said...

Oh my gosh, I love Salvador Dali. Such an inspiration when I used to paint. Although I do not dabble in the art of painting or other things "art" I am into the art of writing.

Thanks for sharing so lovely.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

My pleasure, as always. He's my favorite painter.