.

And by a prudent flight and cunning save A life which valour could not, from the grave. A better buckler I can soon regain, But who can get another life again? Archilochus

Sunday, October 2, 2022

...and the Beat Goes On!

Experiences of Hypnosis Under the Hyper-Real... Shaping Tomorrow's Global Dreamscape.
---
“The ultimate lesson of The Interpretation of Dreams: reality is for those who cannot sustain the dream.”
- Slavoj Zizek, "Did Somebody Say Totalitarianism?"
---
"Often, the worst way to become prisoner of a system is to have a dream that things may turn better, there is always the possibility of change.  Because it is preceisely this secret dream that keeps you enslaved to the system."
-Slavoj Zizek
---
"I may still be a kind of Marxist but I'm very realistic.  I don't have these dreams of revolutionists around the corner."
-Slavoj Zizek

3 comments:

Silverfiddle said...

Off Topic, re your post on Orwell's "Inside the Whale" at Thersite's Campsite. I wanted to thank you for that but wasn't able to comment there. You come up with the most interesting and obscure connections!

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Thanks... I do a lot of "free associating". You put Orwell with a whale and my ship left Nantucket with Ishmael.

Thersites said...

...and thanks for the heads up Re: comments. I must have turned them off and forgotten. They're back on now.